Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Horray Wyoming!

Today's 81 mile ride into Wyoming was awesome! The conditions for riding were great with the morning being cooler, no wind to fight, and the scenery was beautiful. We were all really excited to leave Nebraska and start seeing some mountains in the distance as well as rock formations and other fun stuff. The day off yesterday helped so much, and my body today felt great. I seriously don't even feel like we rode 80 miles today. I am a little sleepy and really hungry, but otherwise I felt like we rode like 40 miles.

We are staying in Lusk, WY at the Baptist church. The town is so cute! When we got in I went to the coffee shop and got a great iced latte. I also picked up some awesome Wyoming postcards that I am excited to mail out. If anyone would like a postcard sent to them by the way, just post your address for me or email it to me at j.lortie2@umiami.edu.


Tomorrow and the next day I don't think are going to be too long or hard of rides. I know we are heading for Casper where we have a build day, and supposedly it is only 110 miles or so from where we are now in Lusk so I'm assuming the next couple days are going to be fairly short. I am looking forward to the rest of the scenery from here on out until we get to Seattle. I know there are going to be a bunch of pretty tough climbing days ahead, but the views and mountains and gorgeous lanscapes should make it all worth it. Some how we all managed to survive the plains, cornfields, and headwinds... wow, I rode my bike to Wyoming....


Oh, another interesting fact. I am yet to get a flat tire on the road. Back in like Pennslyvania I think I must have ripped my tube at the valve when I pumped my tire up in the morning, but I rode all day on it without a problem. Then a couple hours after reaching our host site my back tire was completely flat with there being a rip at the valve I found when changing it.

Other than that I have no flats, and I don't really even count the slow leak I had as one. What luck! I highly reccommend Armadillo tires. So far they have treated me very well. Watch now I probably jinxed myself for talking about this on my blog, and next time I post I will probably have gotten like 3 flats in the same day or something ridiculous haha. I also have taken over 300 pictures now and ran out of memory on my card in my camera. I am going to save them onto my thumb drive later on tonight so that I will be ready to go now that we are in the wild west =)

1 comment:

jason lortie said...

Wyoming has a cool welcome to our state sign. The other day I was talking to someone about not getting hit with a puck in a long time while reffing. That day I got hit in the back of the knee and took a clearing shot to my thigh. One bad bruise and a hurt knee, morale of the story, u screwed yourself big time with the flat tire thing lol

Hope you have fun, keep the pictures coming they all look sick.

Jay