Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rebuilding Together in Akron, OH

Today we had a build day in Akron with Rebuilding Together. I worked in the basement clearing out a smörgåsbord of dusty belongings accumulated over the past 50 years. I think I was getting a reaction from the dust, so After lunch i switched to scraping lead paint (obviously the better job.) Lunch, however, was very enjoyable. Box lunches complete with after dinner mint and moist towelettes were provided. I was able to fit in a short nap after building, utilizing one of my coworkers as a pillow ( a trend I am quickly learning to love)

P.s. Jess sends her love, but she was at Wall-Mart and/or sleeping/eating all day.
this was written by her pillow.

Oh and we are riding 92 miles tomorrow

2 comments:

Mike Cuzzone said...

Hi Jess!!

Sorry it's taken so long to get in touch. So you did 92 miles today, that's a very very far trip, you're awesome. So I caught up on some of the blogs I had missed, sounds like the journey across the country is a blast so far. It makes my summer seem so boring. I did go on a 2 mile run today though, almost compares to your day I imagine.

It looks like some of your bike routes are pretty scenic, I can't wait to see more pictures. Keep having fun. I can't wait to read more about your amazing trip.

Do you go through Illinois at all?

Jess said...

hey Mike! so glad you finally caught up on my amazing blog lol. we havent gone through Illinois yet. I think we should be there in like four or five days though I think. Hope everything is going well with you. any news on if you are staying in Miami after you finish classes this summer?