Monday, June 16, 2008

Wellsboro and Coudersport, PA

We crossed the border from NY and into PA! Yay! I have never done this much biking in my life and honestly, my butt is starting to hurt pretty bad lol. Life is pretty good though all around, really can't complain too much.

Wellsboro, PA is where we stayed last night on the floor of a very cramped church. I had a pretty rough ride coming into the city. I was just really tired, and I definitely have not been stretching enough after my rides and it was starting to catch up to me. My muscles in the my legs had been so tight they felt like they were going to rip in half for the first like 10 miles. I think the ride was only suppose to be about 50 miles, but it ended up being about 68 (more mileage is becoming way too common of a theme this summer lol). It was nice though stopping in a really cute looking town called Mansfield along the way where we all got ice cream. I got this flavor called "Buffalo Sabres" and it was delicious. Vanilla ice cream, fudge, chocolate covered pieces of cone, and peanuts (YUM!).

Wellboro was a really awesome town too. We walked a few blocks to a local gym that allowed us to take showers (the best shower I've had so far this trip). There was also a sauna there that I layed in for a good 15 minutes before my shower that really helped losen up the muscles. The church we were staying at didn't provide us with dinner, so a bunch of us went to a local diner and I got a great omlette breakfast for dinner and had awesome conversation with three other guys on the trip with me. Everyone on the trip is really cool, which I am so happy about. We laughed and ate and laughed some more pretty much all dinner. I'm really happy to be getting to know these people, and know that I will have life long amazing memories with them forever.

Today was actually a great ride. Didn't get lost (YES!). Only one large climb towards the end of the ride, and was at the church by 2ish. The ride was really fun today. The shoulder of the highway we were riding on was large enough for two of us to ride side by side and me and a girl Lindsey rode the entire trip together today sharing stories, laughing, and enjoying the beautiful PA scenery. We also managed to escape the downpour of rain just in time!

Dinner is now here, and as always on this trip, I'm starving! I'm also going on about day 4 of no cell phone service... stupid Sprint. Until next time... =)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Good luck. Sounds like you are having fun. Can't wait to hear about the trip. We miss you down here.

Suzanne
Gulliver

T-Bird said...

Haha, I love that you're like near where I live!! Wellsboro is only about 75 miles mostly north a little bit west of my home town!! YAY for Central PA!