Monday, May 12, 2008

Boston Here I Come! (1 step closer to B&B)

After much stress (since I LOVE packing so much), dust, boxes, tape issues, small narrow spiral staircase near disasters, and lower back pain, I am officially all packed up and ready for the first part of my summer. My flight leaves for Boston at 8:30am tomorrow and I am so excited to get this thing started. Three weeks in Boston to hang with some old faves in a great city while learning how to write strength and conditioning programs and train BU's athletes is definitely a great way to start off my summer.
Claudette (aka Bacardi lady) was awesome once again in a clutch situation and not only helped me take my bike apart and pack it all up, but also lent me this awesome bike travel bag. It's pretty cool. Oh and by help I mean she pretty much did it all and I fumbled around with tires and tools and had no idea what I was doing. So, yes, once again she has offerred much more help than was required or expected and I truly appreciate her for it.
Now I am hoping to get to Boston with a bike that is not broken and get to a bike store for them to put it together for me since I am sure when I try to do it myself it is going to need some adjustments so as not to fall apart while I ride it. I will let y'all know how the training on Boston's hills goes in the near future.

No comments: